We wanted to support Parents and Carers who are now educating at home and looking to bring some structure and routine to week days.
There is no one size fits all solution/template – for example we are finding that sticking to the usual school day timetable is working best for reducing anxieties here at IT Matters HQ.
Obviously some changes are needed – PE has become 5-a-day , Forest School is a walk in the local woods followed by a hot chocolate, and Enrichment a Mum and daughter pamper session!
Click on the text links below to access resources
- Twinkl are offering free access to their resources (usually a subcription fee) for parents/carers
- Twinkl Home Learning Hub. Daily activities and Qualified Twinkl teachers providing book readings, live lessons, positive news updates and more.
- General advice from CCH Community Family, Psychology, Neurodevelopmental Team and Children’s Occupational Therapy
- OUP Free Downloadable Resources/templates
- IT Matters Resources
- Using Numicon for teaching Money skills Video
- Numicon Activities and Printables on Pinterest
- CD with Numicon Activities to use at home to reinforce key Mathematical concepts
- Free downloadable Makaton Resources
- StoryTelling with Makaton low cost downloads to support your favourite stories e.g. the Gruffalo
- Makaton Resource Sale -until end of March
- Visual Timetables – this licensed download from CDSSG usually costs £4.99 and is now available for FREE – this has all the school day signs and symbols to support transition to home learning.
- Now & Next usually £2.25 is also now free – a fantastic resource from the Makaton Charity to support moving on from activities
Baking with Makaton – Bake off contestant Briony May has 5 free recipes available to download – AJ Reports had great fun testing out the Rainbow bark recipe – see here
Apps to support learning /resources
- My Choice Pad – this app is only available on iPad. It contains around 4500 Makaton Signs and Symbols and is a great dictionary as well as a Grid maker of elected Symbols and teaching tool. Free 7 day trail with ongoing cost of £4.99 per month
- Check out AJ Reports video on sight reading and how they use makaton Symbols and MyChoicepad to Reinforce the words
- Special iApps – we recommend these apps in particular Special Words as a ways to quickly personalise flashcards, reading words and stories for your child.
Games – Just for FUN!
Games are a fun way to learn and we gave lots to recommend – Check out the videos from AJ Reports below to see their reviews – links to purchase games in the video notes – Have Fun!
- Pig Goes POP! colours & numbers
- Foxy Pants counting 1.2 fine motor
- Bunny Hop Suspense
- Lunch Box Game practise signs
- Plumber Pants
And if you fancy putting your feet up for 5 minutes to relax then take a look at these free books to download – from ages 9-99 these books will offer the perfect read ! Download free here